This is VERY interesting to me - I also stumbled upon this same page myself after getting DD8's CoGAT scores (and trying to make sense of them) because they highlighted something I'd suspected about her. She always has seemed like more of a "visual-spatial" learner than a "sequential learner." Her verbal was very high, but so was her nonverbal - I was trying to understand just what this means. She is actually VERY creative, but, oh my - not in an organized way.

DS5, on the other hand, is the opposite. He also seems very bright, but in a very organized way. He attends to details sometimes in a scary-sort of way (I've stopped and looked at him, and asked "HOW do you remember THAT????"), because I probably would not even notice some of what he remembers. We have had to read Magic Treehouse books IN ORDER...DD had no problem reading only what interested her and then moving on to something else. DS's bookshelf is tidy and organized (he LOVES "organizing his bookshelf"!). DD's room is full of creative, ongoing projects, but if left to her own devices, it generally looks like a bomb went off in there - soooo messy!

So I have one in each column - both very bright. Both are fantastic decoders, but DD is my superior book-eater at the moment. DS reads for information. This really helps me better put into words how they are SO DIFFERENT than each other, though!

I do think that there is something to this...I suspect DH is more like DS on this spectrum. I suspect I am more like DD, as I believe I am very visual (but also quite verbal wink ). In college and law school, I often drew elaborate pictures for myself to memorize/solidify concepts when studying. I am definitely a "concept learner." Then again, I definitely see that I fit in the other column in certain areas. So yes, something to this, but each individual is different, of course. Food for thought, but few probably are COMPLETELY in one column.