Well, my ds checks off every single box under the visual-spatial list, the key word (jmo) being "thinks in pictures". He also checks off a few boxes on the auditory-sequential too - such as, he loves chemistry and did very well in Algebra (and thinks he likes it better than geometry - although he does like geometry). I would say he learned phonics easily, but I'm not sure he ever actually *used* phonics - which is a difference in learning style. He learned phonics because school taught it to him. If he'd been left in a cave by himself with a ton of books I think he would have learned how to read and it wouldn't have had anything to do with phonics.

There are also quite a few things under auditory-sequential that ds is the *polar* opposite of - he is not well organized, does not work neatly and quickly and does not enjoy rote memorization (but is good at it).

Personally I am not a huge fan of lists and generalizations like this - while my ds clearly without a doubt fits under one of the two lists, my dds both have traits mixed between the two, and I would categorize either as strongly auditory-sequential *or* visual-spatial, even though they are both very bright capable children smile

polarbear