Welcome! Ruf's levels are controversial round here because they aren't properly evidence-based as far as can be seen; some people round here find they fit with other measurements of their children, others don't. So treat that with caution. Like many around here I'm among the worst people to ask about what 3yos can normally do, so I won't try to answer that part!

About schools, it depends what your options are. If there is a gifted school that is only good for gifted children or requires testing to get in, then yeah, you may have to make a judgement about whether that should be in the plan. But mostly, what you want is a *good* school and you want that whether or not your child is gifted. Good means things like: the staff care about the children; they treat them as individuals, and don't let traditions or rules stand in the way of individual learning needs; they encourage respectful relationships between all adults and children, and don't tolerate anyone being picked on for being different.

Email: my username, followed by 2, at google's mail