This is one of those weirdo things that will ONLY make sense to others here.

DD, finishing a quiz, begins making clucking, chicken noises, and then snickers while she reads me a few things from the quiz...

She then says "I'm getting better and better... at imitating that most common of domestic birds... the lowly domesticated chicken... by the time I graduate... I should be PERFECT."

Okay-- background is Grandits' Technically, it's not my fault concrete poetry anthology. Just look up "chicken-brain" and you'll see.

I think that the direct quote is as follows:

Multiple Choice:

a) One answer is right
b) two are close if you're not paying attention
c) One is wrong
d) And one is you-must-not-have-the-brains-God-gave-a-chicken wrong.

And I must say, clearly the assessment... um.. gurus... at DD's school curriculum and instruction department are familiar with Grandits' work. Their comprehension could use some work on points A and B above, but they generally nail C and D, all right. No problem with those categories, nosirree... smirk

Why is this a proud moment, hearing my 13yo cackling like a chicken and giggling at her schoolwork?

Well, because she is finally NOT investing so much of herself personally in these beyond-stupid multiple-choice assessments. She's tamed her perfectionism really, really, REALLY well over the past year. That has been like climbing a personal Everest for her.

That she is able to laugh at these now is amazing given where she was two years ago. smile

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.