Is it possible that they will try to do a FBA to get a baseline?

From what I understand, they can use the FBA to measure anxiety. Not sure what the school meant by a "baseline".

They seem to disagree that his behavior (which is simply irritable by the way - not anything ever disruptive or extreme though did seem to be slowly deteriorating progressively) is connected to them withholding his accommodations. This is an area of contention. I am starting to think their plan is to prove through an FBA that the irritability is not connected to whether or not he gets his scribing accommodations.

Wonder how they judge "irritability". This does sound like something that the FBA person may do (much more than the "baseline" for anxiety)

They pretty much just started doing it. The counselor did email it to me, but she also discussed it with my DD9 and started using it before I had much time to think about it or say yes or no. Again, I don't think it's doing any harm, so I'm not pushing. They are giving DD9 rewards for getting a certain number of "happy faces" for behavior during the day. I don't know how (or whether) they plan to fade the rewards. She's mostly choosing lunch with the counselor and a friend from her short menu of available rewards, and she is totally charming the counselor. I don't think harm is likely to come of it.
Thanks.
From what I know about FBA, it does sound like your daughter's school is doing behavioral plan in a positive manner. It also sounds like you have a pretty decent relationship with the school.