Well, I have a totally different relationship with the school than you do, but I did sign the paper to let them do an FBA. Then we argued about everything that was in it, and the school has (sort of) backed down. That is, we've never been presented with anything but a draft, and a promise to get a final version to us. They have implemented a behavior plan despite the lack of a completed FBA - that is also marked "draft" in everything they've showed us. But they're not doing any harm to DD9, so we've been letting it go for now.

ElizabethN, How did they implement the behavior plan despite the lack of a completed FBA and parental consent ? That seems off to me.

I guess I don't see the problem with doing an FBA as well (and my school situation seems different from yours as well)-- especially, if the kid has been having problems with different schools over the years. Don't get me wrong -- I totally get why, as a parent, you would react this way, with the issue being that the kid is bored/under-challenged. I don't think doing an FBA automatically qualifies the school to suggest medication. That said, I do think that the principal should offer IQ testing first(that was a recommendation that was also there in the psychologist's report), and that you should continue to ask for it. If you were to homeschool, the details available through WISC testing or WJ Achievement testing could be valuable.

DS got in trouble because he was walking backwards , and he had to do running laps because of that .

Really ? Seriously ?? Does all the school consider this as a breaking the law behavior ??

The school seems to employ punitive methods for something that is not on the radar (as far as misbehavior is concerned). I would probably get all the details you could. Then, show up at the school, and find out what their logic is.