Ok, this is me (somewhat):

Wikipedia: "Sound often changes the perceived hue, brightness, scintillation, and directional movement. Some individuals see music on a "screen" in front of their faces. Deni Simon, for whom music produces waving lines "like oscilloscope configurations – lines moving in color, often metallic with height, width and, most importantly, depth. My favorite music has lines that extend horizontally beyond the 'screen' area."[3] Loud tones are brighter than soft tones, and that lower tones are darker than higher tones. Synaesthetes nevertheless choose more precise colours than non-synesthetes and are more consistent in their choice of colours given a set of sounds of varying pitch, timbre and composition.[29]"

Sounds have colour and visual texture to me, and if someone asks what something/someone sounded like, I'm at a loss to explain it unless I can say something like "fuzzy and yellow, with jagged edges."

I've often thought of it as signals mixing because of increased sensitivity (sort of like feedback from speakers).

Ultramarina I'm really curious to know how you identified this in your DD.

(I love this forum smile )

EDIT - found your earlier thread & reading it now http://giftedissues.davidsongifted....5419/Synesthesia_seeing_colors_with.html

Last edited by CCN; 01/04/13 11:39 AM.