I agree with you that it could be a reward issue. He wants to go do something else when we are learning so then when he cries or is difficult I don't continue because it is difficult for me. I also agree he hasn't socialized enough which is precisely why I wanted him in school so he could see that is is not always going to get his way. I don't WANT it to be a DIY thing I just feel I have no choice until they let him in next year. Yes it was a public school. I saw all his work he was writing, sorting, learning the letter of the week even though he only was there 8 days total. They had their mind made up after the third day and I forced them to give him more time but the teacher wouldn't meet with me with out the principal and thats when they dropped the bomb no options. And yes it was a public school. One of the highest rated in my area and right by the house. I was shocked they wouldn't let him try another class I really felt the teacher just didn't like his shyness and whinyness. Thank you for the response