OMG   We went to a thing at the park and he had an amount of freedom like all the other kids we knew there. 

He ran away laughing when I said it was time to go.  I got close enough so he could hear and said, "if you don't get here now you're grounded".  He laughed and ran again.  He's spending the day in bed.  Now he knows what grounding is.   Poor baby.  His very first grounding.  Also if we go anywhere fun in the next few weeks he's going to have to stay real close to mamma like he's a toddler and I'm going to tell him every time it's because I need to be able to trust him to come when I call him if we're not at the house.  YMMV

You never answered so I don't know if my first post was "liked".   I really don't know if this post is even helpful.  I've told him, Now you know what grounding is.  This is the worst thing possible.  If I say, stop or you're grounded, this is what it means.

If it helps he's come up with everything there is to say on the subject on his own today. . .  from, "next time I'll listen when you tell me it's time to go", (( that's true, but you're still grounded. . .  to, "time out is better"... to, "let me up before I call you dummy".  Name calling's a hot button topic lately.  What does, "mommy I love you" have to do with "please let me watch the movie" ?

Last edited by La Texican; 06/10/12 03:15 PM.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar