That my DD8 must have an evil twin that goes to school in her place, because I don't know who this kid is that is on her way to being labeled "troublemaker" instead of "amazing, gifted, intuitive, deep, serious, intelligent, creative" person.

Just because she hangs back or pulls away from a large group doesn't mean she is anxious or depressed (btw-it's also been commented that she's easily overstimulated, so maybe she's pulling away to calm herself, DUH!)

just because she doesn't look you in the eye when she's knows you're displeased doesn't mean there's "something wrong" with her or that she has Asperger's or anything else...or maybe she does, but she's also the top cookie seller in our GS troop because she is GOOD at that and feels confident

that maybe what you see as inattention is actually you not engaging and connecting with her

that she wrote an amazing poem this summer and a small booklet in early 2nd grade. she just doesn't want to write about what YOU want her to write about, because its not interesting

that she comes ALIVE at summer camp, when she can just be herself and I have never seen her happier...I wish we could live at camp!

I get excited when the library lets me know my books are ready for pickup...