Originally Posted by Grinity
Originally Posted by doclori
Having read all the data on the advantages of whole-grade acceleration, I'm still not sold ... He'd have to skip two grades,
I'm curious what you think of this bunch of data here:
IRPA - A Nation Deceived
www.nationdeceived.org/ - CachedSimilar
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
The Institute for Research and Policy on Acceleration (IRPA) is dedicated to the study of curricular acceleration for academically talented students

Remember that even if he has to skip 2 grades eventually, that doesn't mean that it has to happen all at once. He can skip one now, and then add some subject accelerations later in the year when he hits the wall again, and then go to the 2nd full skip the year after - etc. Over a period of years it's less of an emotional jolt. But it's suprising how little it takes to get your son excited and happy again. For at least a while.

Smiles,
Grinity

I whole heartedly agree with this. DS6 is doing work well above the grade he was accelerated to. But, just moving him up one grade has helped so much! The kids are closer to his level both socially and academically. I am pretty sure we will keep him on this track now, and possibly skip again from 5th to 7th.

JT
DS6, DS5, DD3