My son would have to be demoted from 6th grade to about 3rd grade to be considered average (I know what it is like to have a kid not even tall enough to be placed ON the chart). But get this his cousin is 2.5 years older and she is even shorter than him. Because we are not getting him shots of growth hormone, we just deal with being short at the beginning of every school year for about a month and then everyone is over it and move on. He doesn't get bullied for being short.

The cousin's dad is my brother and he was a profoundly gifted child who probably should have been grade skipped (but that would have meant he would have been in my grade or even placed a grade above me so it didn't happen) but he was short his entire life and still is. The school wanted him to wait another year to start because he was such a little first grader (K back then was done privately in a separate school)...my mom held her ground and said he will always be short, we could hold him back 3 years and he would be still be short.

I guess we have a long standing family tradition in short.

Last edited by Sweetie; 09/22/11 06:01 AM.

...reading is pleasure, not just something teachers make you do in school.~B. Cleary