FWIW, dd12's 2nd grade teacher wasn't a fan of the DORA. She said that she'd seen some really out of whack #s come out of it. I believe that Dd's vocab came out around 6th grade equivalency on it in 2nd grade. She took the WISC that same year with a 99th percentile vocab score and the ITBS shortly thereafter with another 99th percentile vocab score. I'm not sure if those line up.

I had another mom tell me (not sure if she was telling the truth) that her dd's DORA vocab came out at 12th grade in around 2nd grade. Her dd was helping my dd study for a spelling test the next year by reading the words from dd's spelling test to her (I was cooking nearby at the time). Every other word she couldn't read and asked me what it was and then asked what it meant when I told her. It was a 4th grade spelling list and not hard vocab IMHO.

I've had no other personal experience with the DORA other than the one teacher tell me that the #s didn't line up with other measures, so I could be off based on these few anecdotes.

I'd be as inclined as anything if it was just for my personal info to take a look at what dc could read comfortably and then look at the # on the book cover (3.5, 5.9, etc.) to gauge the reading level. Or I'd look up books s/he was reading in the lexile search or find books in a lexile search or by another means that I thought s/he could read and then read them together to see how many questions dc had about vocab in particular if that was an area I felt her to be more capable in.