It's ok, giftodd. I just said something because nobody said anything here all day so I had to say something. It was either this or dig up the "why bright folks should breed" thread and mention that I had planned to. I wanted to have at least a dozen kids, raise them to think for themselves. Then let them loose on the school teachers and the rest of the world (plot revenge much?). But now I've had two kids and it hurts and takes too long, so, I'm done.

You do make a good point that there's more cool stuff than there used to be for the kids to learn, that everybody else already did before them. Which means the bars higher and it means there's more knowledge to play with, build on.
I watch too much "big bang theory" on tv, so I think there's a disdain between theoretical and applied scientists, so I was just saying, "Gee, why does everybody want to find baby Einstein, ol' Edison waz pretty cool dude too."

A-and, I waz thinking about this while I was painting my kitchen cabinets that we're only calling out people whose talents was solving problems. What does solving problems and creating art have in common?

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar