I'm just itching to get into this great topic, but where to start. There are so many intuitive minds on this site, I am sure all of us knew the rest of us would love this topic...lol.

Another aspect of talent I would like to add is free thinking. I think some people are often held back by the bounds of their social group, their workplace hierarchy or society. Some people seem able to think for themselves no matter what is happening around them. Others seem to vary depending on how much pressure is on them. I think Einstein was a free thinker.

I have seen some high IQ scores applied to many of the recognized great minds, however, I believe these assignments were based on their achievement. I wonder what their IQs would have been had they actually taken the IQ test.

A person has to wonder how many of todays high potential minds have found satisfaction in the many distractions available in our modern world. In Einstein's day, I imagine it would have been very difficult for an active mind to find an easy way to keep it occupied.