Heh. Yeah, if it were clear I probably wouldn�t have felt the desperation that drove me to post. I don�t like to rock the boat. I don�t like conflict. I�d rather homeschool than put my kid in 4th and have problems with teachers or other moms (dc actually do extremely well with older kids and we've never had problems with acceptance by the kids). So despite the authority to do so, I am hesitant to do it. Kids are approved to skip single grade on record, but go into classes as needed above that. Some teachers don�t find it appropriate. There�s more, but I�m posting novellas. Sheesh.

Clearly matching kid and education is not an unusual problem. I�ll continue stewing for a bit. Read a lot. I do see now that as great as the private school is, and it is pretty great, it is not a realistic option.

Radwild, please do write about your decisions and thought processes leading to them. I am happy to do the same.

Grinity, thanks for being a champion of gifties. I don�t trust the IQ scores for older any more than for younger. I can discuss why in PM, not forum. Even *if* the numbers are correct for older ds, the scatter makes them unuseable (19 in MR, 10 in PC � kind of remote). Middle kid has beautiful even keel bright profile. He is SO NOT even in ANY way. You are one to say trust the mom gut. I've read enough around this forum now. My gut tells me we are outliers, but not 99.99 kind. Maybe 99.8. smile I'm happy with the forum. Makes me feel within a norm.

Thanks for the thoughtful feedback and personal narratives. And to be clear, EPGY has graciously contacted our state at my request, but not applied for or been approved to be paid for by the state. If they get to that point and if further district tests show it is effective for my kids, it is an online program we would use in school. So with that reasoning, yes, I would go to online learning for homeschool as well. I guess that is what we do now actually.