Originally Posted by elh0706
Oh dear, Mama22gs, hugs to you and your son!

In terms of Oops moments, In retrospect letting DS watch The Little Mermaid was a big mistake. He has taken the fish are friends not food rule WAY to far. For several years, if DH and I had fish for dinner, he would scream and then fall apart because we were eating Nimo's friends. No amount of reasoning helped. Today, he still won't eat fish but at least manages not to gag if he sees it on the table.

I second the hugs Mama22gs and elh0706 - we had the same issue with Disney - we don't do any Disney movies - even toy Story for DS5 because of talking him to the live musical version of Finding Nemo at Disney World - beautiful sets, music, I figured DS at 3 would love it - OMG - 5 minutes into it - "what happened to the mommy, what happened to the mommy" It was awful, I felt like an idiot for forgetting about it. Nowadays DS knows that some stuff is too scary for him and some other stuff just makes him think too much before bed so its for earlier in the day.

The problem we have now is not with Disney since we don't do movies - but all the older mysteries, magic, sci fi books which he would love but all seem to have orphans!!! I am not ready to have another conversation about where the parents went!!!

DeHe