Yes, I had a tremendous urge to "work with daughter" DD4 (as in structured open-ended learning beyond PK letter/color/shape identification). I resisted until she completed Mild Asperger's diagnosis and then gifted testing 2 months ago. She is 2E..

I wanted her tested as she was..In a natural state, per say. Does she really read/decipher/decode words? Can she really memorize a rural to urban road trip turn by turn after just one trip? on and on.. Am I crazy?

Her 3 year old preschool did not see the thought patterns that screamed..I think in a special way! She was bored out of her mind and planning a way out with behaviors.

Four year old PK teacher is much more in tune.. Yet I still do not get the feedback that I expect...Why don't they get it? Does anyone have the time and energy to get it? Do they want to get it? ..Or is it easier to keep the learners in a manageable pack?.. If I say what I want to say it never seems to sound right.

And so ..I started working with DD4 beyond reading stories..Not beyond common sense. Thirty minutes or less in a structured way on various tasks/concepts reward at the end with a maze..her favorite. My mindset has moved from making a point, waking up PK teachers to working with daughter as a way to enjoy the possibilities and prepare for the next challenge.

Last edited by Marjji; 02/16/11 08:31 PM.