From the way you describe your son it sounds like he's a happy boy so like I said don't beat yourself up about the past. He has a future and that's what you have to look toward. shocked )

I know the testing my son had at the school was a WPPSI-R and the Wood****-Johnson tests. What that means in "English"...well I know very little. I know how the scores he got translate but I really didn't know there were such a wide array of IQ tests until after the fact. I actually don't know what test the Dr will use when he's tested in August but I went with her because she was highly reccommended by our ped. I did look up her credentials and she actually has several books published on a variety of topics in child psychology so I am thinking she was the right choice as far as his testing goes. One can hope anyway.

Best of luck with your husband. Mine really didn't put up a fight. I just had to answer the same questions a hundred and ninety-two times, "Is it going to cost anything? Are you sure they send him a computer? Do they really reimburse for internet and did you get that in writing? Are you sure it's considered a public school?"...and on and on. *rolling eyes* My husband second guesses me on everything one minute and the next he tells me how smart I am and I just sigh and humor him continually answering the same questions over and over and over again. It was a nerve wracking decision to pull my son from the local school and go Pa Cyber Charter at first but once we did it and I saw him flying through the material and saw his grades and how happy he was I knew I had made the right decision. We will move eventually because the schools here leave a LOT to be desired and they're only getting worse and our 3 year old daughter will NOT be staying home for any type of school or we'll all need straight jackets. *gasp* The top priority in relocation when we're ready to move will be schools because of the kids...primarily my son although it looks like our daughter is going to need some sort of enrichment for her artistic endeavors. Time will tell. At any rate, I'm sure your husband will come around. Just be sure you have all the facts before you make any leaps...and I'm sure you will. I know it's just sort of a nervous feeling at first if you're making the choice to pull out of the traditional school setting but if it comes to that...well your child has to come first. Who knows? Maybe they'll find a way to accommodate him? Keep us posted. I enjoy hearing about him! shocked )

"Learning can only happen when a child is interested. If he's not
interested it's like throwing marshmallows at his head and calling it
eating." -Anonymous