I meant to say they do nada for gifted education.

You know, I have to fess up. I had NO clue my kid was so gifted. I knew he was bright and doing better than his teachers were telling me, but I never knew he was...

I've been spending the last couple of weeks just getting to know my kid. I feel like such a schmuck. I'm supposedly profoundly gifted myself, and I didn't even recognize it in my kid. He was so reserved and quiet as a baby and young child. It just never showed and I never thought to check him out. Our older son is also highly gifted and I guess I just expected Mite to act like him if he was gifted.

Anyhow, I'm trying to mend my errors now. I was shocked the other day when I was talking to my older son about a bar room brawl that happened in my area. The people didn't understand what the victim was saying and thought he was saying something else, offensive, and there was a big brawl over it. I said, "He had poor enunciation so there was a big melee" (I was using big words to protect Mite from the story). Mite said, "So they had a fight just because they couldn't understand what he said? That's so ridiculous."

How in the heck did I MISS that in him. I had no idea. I feel so ashamed.

Anyhow, because of my ignorance, Mite has had no extra stimulation or guidance other than to be given free roam in his interests and play. So, I don't even know if he's ready to take on acceleration in any form.

I'm checking into local cyber charters, but the only one I've found so far lost their accredidation last year. :^(

Willa Gayle