Thanks for the advice about the question - I edited it out. Anyway, this is the 2nd time we've had this issue w/testing (KBIT at age 4), and like you, we were told it isn't an indication of any social problems nor Aspergers, but it was more what was "normal" for him, and he didn't give EXPECTED answers. As far as being sheltered beyond the "norm" - I have good friends with whom I discuss all of this - two have gifted kids, two do not, all are good friends with my DS. We have all been told by someone at the school that our sons are "sheltered". In particular the gifted kids my son hangs out with all learned how to read on their own around age 2 so they left picture books behind; my son didn't crawl for more than a couple weeks, he walked early, etc. He seems to sort of leapfrog those physical developmental milestones, so testing probably reflects that. Plus, I come from a family where most everyone is gifted--my 1/2 brother scored 162 on the SB in the 1970's, my dad 147, etc.--they are all little "odd" especially my brother, so I never thought anything about it when my DS sort of skipped these things. I figured it was just in line with the rest of my family! grin