Parents of highly and exceptionally gifted persons have found it useful to retain a family psychologist or counselor to ..... What makes giftedness: A re- examination of the definition of the gifted and talented.��

This came up on a different google search
Here's the link that goes with it
http://www.davidsongifted.org/db/Articles_id_10062.aspx

I'd like to add that a therapist sounds like a lovely idea. Supposedly modern therapists are super positive. Like, originally professional therapists made the world a less unhappy place. Modern therapists make the world a happier place.
I stumbled across CBT google-fishing for a discipline plan the hubby and I could both believe in. I liked something I saw about CBT, but I looked in the yellow pages for a family CBT therapist and the only thing locally available is to rehabilitate abused welfare children. If even testing gifted kid's takes someone more specialized, I'm sure someone pre-emptively coping with gifted existential issues and developing a family structural discipline that works effectively and fairly for a pretty gifted kid might be outside the scope of the local clinic's scope or purpose.
I've exchanged numbers and requested info after I found out that someone I know works there, is writing a book collaboratively about CBT practice. So now I have access to info and can tailor something out of it, maybe learn something I can use for my family.

Last edited by La Texican; 01/19/11 10:07 PM.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar