Hi Shift,

I was not born here and our education system was different. When we finished high school, we had to decide what profession we wanted and I was 16 when I started my med school.

You are already 21 and I am kind of dumbfounded that you have 2 choices which are quite far apart.

I have 2 daughters and what I would tell my daughters is to follow your passion (regarding the career) but you have to live with your decision. There are a lot of gifted students but not all reached their potential because they made wrong choices along the way.

Math professor in a college may not make as much money as a doctor but if that's what you want in life, your life will be fulfilling. I have seen many med students dropped out because they think Medicine is too hard or boring. It is true that if you do not have passion for it, Medicine could be really difficult.

There are a lot of fascinating things in Medicine. There are red cross volunteer offices in quite a lot of hospitals. I suggest you volunteer for a month during your summer time and see if that's your calling.

One of my mentor during med school had a lot of physical limitation (childhood polio, debilitating asthma, multiple allergies, etc..) but he is one of the best teacher I ever had (considering I went to Yale for my post grad).

What the med schools look for is the MCAT score and SAT score. Going to CC will not hurt unless your MCAT is average. If you have pre-med research, you are definitely IN.

Good luck!