Thanks again yall. Today was a wonderful day for her. I think I have found that "grandparent" figure. She is an older lady in my knitting group and is so kind and gentle hearted and hears my stories of DD during knitting and is a facebook friend, and yesterday she said to me she would love to come over and draw with DD and bake cookies etc. This could be a really good thing.

DD played with one of her friends today and did a good job even though she later talked to me about some frustrations that she had, but she handled herself well and said that it was fun overall. The bad thing is this friend is moving in May off the island. The friend's parents have not told her and wont till a few weeks before they move according to the mom. I feel like I need to prepare DD before then because of how she reacted to us having to leave her friends. (Under the table telling me that "I hate you." She had a difficult difficult time.) But I am afraind DD will say something to her friend. GAAH

Polly- Thanks so much for all you tips. Its nice to hear from someone with some experiences in the rural isolation. Your right, most of the things are just adjustements.

Again thanks all!

DD6- DYS
Homeschooling on a remote island at the edge of the world.