I have a GT 6 year old daughter, who's a young first grader. I haven't had her fully assessed but she reads at the 4th to 5th grade level and seems to have well above level conceptual math understanding.

This is what my 6 year old does on an average homeschool day

1 - violin practice 20-30 minutes
2 - copy work 5-10 minutes
3 - out loud reading - 10 minutes
4 - grammar/LA (I'm using First Languge Lessons 2nd grade - may dump this soon). - 10 minutes
5 - journalling - 10 minutes
6 - Singapore math/manipulatives - 20/30 minutes
7 - science/lit/history read aloud (by me) during snack time (kids are often bouncing around during this) 20-30 minutes

We are doing Spanish and science out of the house right now once a week (with possibly a little homework). We do history once a week usually which maybe takes an hour or so (we are starting to listen to it in the car via audio books). We do lots more outings and she takes dance, circus, music lessons, and is involved in other play groups. We try to do hands on outings that tie into history, science, social studies, art. We participate in a book club and an art club.

But on a daily basis, she's sitting doing "table work" for an hour and a half. And she's still WAY ahead of the game. To me her behavior sounds age appropriate.

I banged my head against the wall for a while on finding balance, but I came up with a bare bones basic plan. I find that the earlier in the day we get going, the easier our days seem to go. Dragging it out just makes it seem harder and worse! I sometimes offer incentives for getting it done by a certain time (recreational computer time, TV, and/or Wii works well in these parts.