Yes, "the dumbest one in class" comment has me concerned. I think you may be on to something she is VERY intuitive. What bothers me is we already know the teacher doesn't think DD5 is "the cream of the crop". Rembember that lovely thread? What if she is "reading" some of that and internalizing it?
Am I overthinking this?

I had a good talk with principle today. We have a plan to meet with teacher, social worker and principle after they've all had a conversation.
I do think the conversation went well and is promising. We'll see how this goes. I think principle is understanding about some of my concerns.

DD8(I keep calling her DD7, but she turned 8 two weeks ago!)started her program back up today! HOORAY!!!!

FWIW, I am glad DD7 did tell teacher in her own words what your son is saying at home. I think the teacher needs to hear it from the child instead of the parent all the time.

You mentioned DS7 started complaining after the holidays. I'm pretty sure it's common in most schools to start heavy review in January.
DD5 keeps telling us (and everyone now, she told my religous education class today) that after President's Day she is moving to first grade. I've told her that's not happening and she just gives me a blank stare. I don't think she believes me. I'm going to be afraid to pick her up from school the day after President's Day!!!!!!

Incog