Originally Posted by OHGrandma
What are his interests?

DS6 is all about Transformers. He's curious about everything and enjoys engineering, history, science, any fiction and foreign languages, but he's one of those obsessive kids for whom all else pales beside his one true love, and his whole world revolves around that obsession. In his short life, he's gone through obsessions with cars, construction vehicles, and then NASCAR, spending over a year obsessing about each in turn. Now it's Transformers. He draws them, writes and illustrates lengthy books detailing their battles, invents new ones with crazy names, plays with the figures, builds his own out of other toys and tangram pieces, dreams about them...

I must admit that I'm at a loss about how to incorporate Transformers smoothly into math class. We have every Transformer book checked out of the library for his reading time and he draws them for his art classes. Short of doing a segment on robotics (which I don't think I'm equipped to do!), I don't know how we can do much with Transformers in math.

Any thoughts or ideas? I'm WIDE open to suggestions!

P.S. We already did a segment on Roman numerals before we got our first Singapore books. We also talked about Greek letters and how they're used in math (Pi, Sigma, etc.) because of his foreign language interest. Good thought, though! Thanks! Please keep them coming! laugh

Kriston