Hey Kriston - sorry I'm late. I'm not sure if your son is into computer games yet, but if you are interested in helping him learn multiplication tables there is a computer game out there I found through another GT listserv or website called Timex attack. Standard "boy" format video game that requires you to know your math facts. My DS loves it and learned a lot of the lower end tables this way. You can get a basic version for free to try. He's just waiting for us to upgrade to the "full version", which I told him we'd do when we got a new computer (which is actually being set up this week!). He loved it - I never had to ask him to do it. He gets 20 minutes a day on the computer and he would burn up his time on that game.

http://www.bigbrainz.com/index.php

And Kriston - I may be looking for some crises home school advice very soon. eek Now we are having some school issues that aren't even GT related, and our administration is proving absolutely useless. I'd love to hear more about Aleks. We've been playing with Singapore and like it a lot too, but DS definitely gets bored with stuff quickly too and loves conceptual math.