Hi Kriston,

I looked into EPGY quite extensively. I didn't find them flexible at "accelerating" within their program. For example, since DD7 is in 2nd grade they wanted her to start there and did not seem flexible to start her at third or above. They told me their course was already accelerated and she should be fine in her grade. I looked at their demo and wasn't impressed that she would be challenged there.
Aleks seems a little more intuitive to me. You can start your child at any level you want. They do an auto assessment and derive a "pie" of subjects for your child. He/she can choose which subject they want to work on at anytime. They are auto assessed every 7 work hours or something like that, however, you may move your child ahead at any time for any reason. It may not be a fit for your situation, but if you want to look into it, you have nothing to lose by the free trial. You don't have to give credit card info or anything, you just log in to the free trial and they give you a temp. password.

I'm all for these awesome and creative ideas to work math into everyday situations, I'm just not the math person and feel I would be missing things. After looking at the Aleks program, I saw things in level 3 I hadn't thought of going over with her and they definately aren't doing those things at school.
My husband is the finance MBA, but he's been working so much, he doesn't have the time to meet her interest level, so we are giving Aleks a try.

Good luck with whatever you do!

Incog