Originally Posted by ACh
Originally Posted by no5no5
But your emotions (anger, resentment, etc.) toward people who are less intelligent than you are are not something that you're stuck with. You can change your reaction to your environment, and I hope that you will work on doing that, because living in a world full of people you hate must be very depressing. If you address that problem, I think you'll find that life becomes much more tolerable. smile

Somehow, doing this only strikes me as 'Deny it and the pain'll go away'. It doesn't seem like it respects the facts.

And I strive to know reality, no matter whether it is as great as unicorn farts or as cruddy as world genocide.

Well, that's your interpretation. Personally, I think that resenting ND people for not being as smart as you are is like resenting a dog for not being able to use silverware. It just doesn't make sense. Yes, they are intellectually below your level. No, that doesn't mean that they deserve to be the objects of derision.

If you are PG, you simply can't expect ND people to be the same as you. I get that it can be frustrating trying to communicate with ND people. I have experienced that myself. And I'm not saying that you can simply make your feelings go away. I am saying that you should work on the issues that cause those feelings. Certainly they are related to being PG, but they do not follow inevitably from being PG, and they are not something that you cannot overcome.