Thank you MyHeartBrks,

The specific info is very helpful. I had already looked at the website browsed the books and and knew there was a computer test, but I was curious as to how efficiently the exams are administered. You have confirmed my suspicions!

But if it's not easy to take a test quickly the difference in accumulated points between my son and most of the other kids will be reduced. So this could be a good thing. I did not know that the points are adjusted based on the test score - I assumed it was all or nothing. That will be a good experience for my son and it will help to confirm or disprove my opinion of his comprehension.

This is another scenario I envision where he gets accused of cheating (if you have the time for another post)......

He's read a gazillion book and then he gets told to take a test. He's read so many books and the volunteer staff isn't that familiar with software and maybe my son can't spell the authors' names...so they end up deciding - OK, take one of the Harry Potter tests. Which he passes perfectly because he's read all those books 10x. But that gives him a LOT of points and he didn't first read it this school year. As a new student, does he have an unfair advantage because of all the books he's already read several times? I guess I should just coach him to be prepared with a few titles that he has read for the first time within the last week or month?

P.S. I know I am overthinking this, but I've got an awkward kid going into a so-so public school from a very different environment.

Last edited by JaneSmith; 07/14/10 04:36 AM.