Originally Posted by Cricket2
I guess that I ask b/c I am trying to understand what must be some misperception on my behalf. I'm trying to wrap my head around things that just aren't making sense to me.

Reality is, it isn't an issue for me if schools are misidentifying, but if I am totally off and assuming that some of these kids are just being overidentified and they are actually gifted, then it does leave me wondering if I am also underestimating dd and I just don't think that I am underestimating her.

Would a difference of a few percentiles look that stark at the upper end? What must an average child look like, then? I don't think that I've met many average children if this is what MG looks like.

I have no help for you on the testing, but I can tell you that overestimating what "average" should look like is pretty common among parents of HG+ kids. It's part of that gifted denial.

I'd recommend that you at least consider the possibility that your DD is further into the tail of the Bell Curve than you realize. That may not be what's going on, but I think it's far more likely that you are underestimating your DD than it is that multiple kids are being overidentified as gifted. IMHO...

Kriston