I am trained to give and often administer the K-BIT, which is one-on-one but 2 of the 3 subtests are multiple choice. It's just a screener, not a full scale IQ test, but it it sometimes used for gifted ID. (I use it as part of a dyslexia battery.)

Of course I don't know for certain which kids actually know the answers and which kids are just lucky with their guesses, but I have a general idea. The criterion to discontinue a subtest is when the kid has missed four questions in a row. Sometimes, a kid guesses right so often that when nearing his personal ceiling, he gets three wrong in a row and guesses the fourth one correctly which means I continue testing past his real ability. This can add a few points to the total score. The open-ended subtest is much more telling.

My DD took the OLSAT to qualify for services and just squeaked in with a 130. I dislike it as a qualifier because it was group administered, multiple choice, and timed. DD is the type that will conisder the nuances of two answer choices and lose track of time. I think a kid who makes quick decisions on what he truly knows and then also gets lucky on his guesses could overscore.

DD12, 7th. Dx'd ADHD/GAD. No IQ test. EXPLORE & SAT just miss DYS but suspect HG+