Hi,
I'll let someone else who knows more about tests help you there. Just want to say welcome and hi!

Even without the test scores, your description already shows that he is highly gifted. He is an advance learner.

Not sure if you've gone to Hoagies website, google for Hoagies, which has lots of information about Giftedness. It is a good place to start. Maybe you've read lots already because you already got your son tested which is definitely a good start!

I've known other children with dysgraphia. That shouldn't hold them back from learning intellectually stimulating and challenging work. Recommendations I've heard of include yes, work a bit at it but really -- handwriting is difficult for even normal children all the way up to Grade 2 (8 year old). A 4-6 year old isn't really expected to write neatly. I know I'm just guessing/jumping in here and perhaps your situation is different.

He will experience frustration because he himself realizes that his hand/written output cannot match his brain/verbal output. Ways to manage it would be to help him write out his thoughts while he dictates, and/or type out his thoughts. This will be ongoing until he can learn to type. Lots of kids with dysgraphia start to type or have someone help with the output to get the ideas/stories out. The children that are learning to type that I've seen are 6-8 years old. Not sure if you're child is ready. I'm just mentioning it.

Sorry, I'm rambling. Should let others with more experience re: dysgraphia to give more suggestions.

There is a lot to learn about gifted children. Feel free to keep asking questions here. I've found this place to be a very supportive place.

smile