So this is the reaction I got the other day when I asked the director of this nice preschool dd goes to about specifics on trying her out in K next fall.
I think she said 3 or 4 times how young dd is. Right, yup, she's young. Almost 4 now. Will be about 4.5 in the fall. A whole 7 months early for K. This does not seem like an outrageous leap ahead to me. Dd is possibly HG, for sure MG.
Anyway, since that was the directors only argument, I figured I'd press ahead and ask if they could at least give her a couple weeks in the class as a trial, depending on what her current teachers say about her later in the spring. She said she'd look into, so that was all I wanted for now.
I was feeling pretty good about dd that day, so avoided being sidetracked. I'd just gotten back from a dr's appt with her where not 1 but 2 people asked if she was about 5, commenting on both her size and her speech. Later that day when I picked her up the teachers were just so excited to tell me she was helping everyone collect their things at the end of the day, giving hugs out and making sure they didn't forget anything.

I really do want to play the whole thing by ear, see if dd even likes it, but I do think she's moving along nicely towards a lot of k readiness, will be able to handle the work and most of all I think she'll enjoy it.

I guess I will update this thread with thoughts as this process goes along...any btdt thoughts from other folks would be appreciated.