I had the funniest chat with another Mom at a preschool birthday party that dd3 attended the other night. There is a boy who just literally has been 'in like' with dd since she walked into the classroom on the first day, he is sooo sweet and funny and nice and forthright that the fact that he has attached himself this way is not the least bit bothersome. He is just so cute. Day 1 when I picked up dd, he is holding her arm and saying he really likes her and wants to know (from me) if she likes him.

Anyway, of course his mom has been getting an earful about dd from him, lol!, and when she met me we just had to laugh about the whole thing.
She asked me why I picked the school and I explained how I appreciated that they would at least leave a bit of a possibility of early admittance to k open for dd (and that I think she's really smart, from what I can tell). The other mom asked a ton of questions about how is that done, does K cost more, her ds4 is already ready for k in a lot of ways (and he would only be about 2 weeks 'extra early'). She knew our county wouldn't accept any child before age 5 to k, and so on, so I knew she'd been looking into it already. Well I was happy to fill her in on the little I knew on the subject, and we agreed it would be really nice if they could do this together! It is a long shot for dd, much more so than for her own son; it would be really nice for them both to have a familiar face...
And I do think this boy is really very smart too, after speaking with this mom, and getting a chance to check out the kids running around, it seemed to me that out of the 15 or so kids at this party just a very few had this same serious 'spark' that I am used to from dd; maybe it is just 'outgoing' personality vs. introvert, but there seems to be more to it.
In any case, dd and her ds seem like kindred spirits, so that, in and of itself is cool.

Last edited by chris1234; 03/31/10 07:15 PM.