Well, had a couple of good/quick chats with the teachers in dd3's classroom. I just took a moment to ask one of them about the idea of dd going to K in the fall, and that I had spoken with the director about considering the matter. I didn't want the director to just ask them out of the blue, I wanted the teachers to have a chance to form an opinion (one way or the other). Teacher 1 seemed ok with the idea, but I think it surprised her a bit so we'll see. I just asked her to observe dd and let me and/or the director know what she thought later in the spring.
When I was picking up dd later that week, teacher 2 was there and complimenting dd on all the things she knows, colors, numbers, letters, etc., and I just figured I would ask if she'd chatted with the other teacher about considering dd for k in the fall. She sounded very enthusiastic once the idea was explained; she said above all, socially dd seems very very confident and ready, so that was good to hear. I know that 'social' aspect can be a big hindrance in a lot of people's minds and can be rather subjective.

Anyway, the more 'traditional' one of the two seemed less enthusiastic, but in the end it sounds like it is probably up to me to just say 'try it'... very interesting!