We went to the library today and DS checked out a dozen books which is fine but they are what he has read many times. It really does not matter to me if he rereads if he is content. He expressed some disappointment yet he has not been interested in any help, suggestions or effort. It's like he is stuck.

He started doing more multiplication in school and he was feeling slow at it. I worked thru the easier levels on Timez attack and let him know this was avaliable if he wants some practice at some point. He said ok I'll do it, like I forced him. Then was happy he was buzzing thru the levels.

I have this feeling about school's lack of challenge discouraging him and feeling stuck like it's not good to go forward. I want to tell him forget about school limits just be true to you. I'm looking to get him in another school next year. I wonder how to encourage him when school is just not meeting his needs. I think he is still thirsty for learning but maybe stuck and discouraged. He has always valued learning. It may be confusing that the school is not letting him use his time well.

Last edited by onthegomom; 01/04/10 09:41 PM.