DS about a week ago was learning idioms in school and did a worksheet with bookworm. He said the worm was sad so he read too much. I asked does he only read when he is sad. He said no. I asked him if he wanted to talk about anything making him sad. I know school has been hard and he said no.

My DS read over 350 books last year in 2nd grade. He has been going to the library and getting books once a week since birth. This week he only took out one book - pokemon. This is shocking. He usually takes out 10-15 books. He has had some what to read issues. He agreed to read some books suggested here but then didn't.

I go to a store near my house and pick up some good books for 25 cents almost weekly. I just put them up on the home library and he can pick some if he wants but he has not done this lately. Hope this passes soon.

I did start reading the mysterious benedict society. This is very good. I'm hoping to talk to him about it when I'm done and get him interested. We haven't read the same books completely together except picture books. I'm trying a new approach.

Last edited by onthegomom; 12/21/09 01:59 PM.