I always love book threads. I agree with the PP about being frustrated that DS will no longer devour whatever I give him. Those were the good ol' days!

I agree with the posts about the Percy Jackson books. DS7 has read them 2-3 times each at least. (I am enjoying them, too!). Rick Riordan has another series -- 39 Clues. I've heard a lot of buzz about them, but DS hasn't wanted to try them yet, so I don't have good info to share.

He's currently really enjoying the Warriors series -- getting the whole series is top of his Xmas wish list.

Here are some other authors he's enjoyed:

Cornelia Funke (e.g., Igraine the Brave and Inkheart). FYI -- I understand some of hers are pretty dark, so be careful.

Kate DiCamillo (e.g., Tales of Despereaux and Mercy Watson when he's looking for a quick bit of fun)

Roald Dahl (most anything has always been a hit, as long as you're okay with his humor)

Recently, DS brought me Misty of Chincoteague and asked if I'd read it to him. He said it didn't make pictures in his head when he read it to himself (lots of older time dialect he didn't understand). We both have enjoyed reading it together. He said it's been nice to have a break from the fantasy books, although fantasy is still his favorite genre. I've also heard good things about the Redwall series, but DS hasn't been thrilled with it yet -- we'll try it again next year.

Happy Holidays, everyone!