DS9 has been declining with level and contentment of reading since Sept. Despite very gentle suggestions this had gotten to the point that he was only checking out a Pokenmon book from the library a week. He checked out 10-15 books a week last year. (He is actually reading a good amount every day - that's not my issue.)

Well, finally a break through! At least I think so, time will tell.

DD6 is reading Hodges Burrnett's, A little Princess 6 grade level, and DS found out. He said she not reading that!!!! I said yes she is and she is enjoying it. He once again stated, It's not my fault I can't find any above level books. I gave my standard reply that's not true let me know if you need help finding some books.

Finally!!!! This week I was at the library and pulled out a book and he said he would try it!!!!! and he likes it!!!! It's called Cosmic for ages 7-12 and it's 3" thick. I'm so happy but keep that all low key except here today. I want this to be about him. not about pleasing me.

I think DD had something to do with this. This little girl has some amazing effects on our family sometime.

Last edited by onthegomom; 02/24/10 09:00 AM.