Exciting stuff! I hope your kids are accepted.

We were primed to apply for this month's cycle as well, but are dealing with our first ever long family vacation around the holidays. Between making/shipping gifts around the country 2 weeks in advance of the holidays, arranging for house/pet sitting, and everything that goes along with being out of town for a long time, we dropped the ball. Everything is done except for the reference, but I didn't feel right asking someone to give a reference and then asking them to rush through it in a day or so. We'll wait until January to apply.

Our son exceeds the Davidson criteria for WISC and WIAT, but I'm still a little anxious about whether he'll be accepted - I think that's just the way I am, I don't want to count my chickens before they are hatched. Also, he has no good reference sources per the DYS recommendations. He's homeschooled, so there are no non-family teachers to ask. I'm going to ask one of my friends, who has known him for about 5 years, because she used to be an elementary school teacher and tends to know what's in the normal range (and what isn't) academically. Honestly, I don't know who else I would ask. The only adults he knows well are our family and friends. And I can't ask relatives, so...

Keep us posted on what happens!