Hi, Lorel,

I'll bite on your offer - I'm struggling, too. Our son meets the score criteria on WISC-IV VCI and WIAT-II Oral Language - but these are comprehension skills that are hard to describe. His love is science - but for a number of reasons, his academics are not where his abilities are. I'm still having trouble with the describe an incident that shows his ability to process complex information quickly - he just does it -- with everything. And it's hard coming up with objective criteria to prove comprehension when there's no written output to confirm it (I had an earlier post saying just that). I'm thinking that I'll just supplement the scores with what amounts to a portfolio - e.g., a list of books he's listened to - because he sure hasn't read them himself! I believe he does have some very positive recommendations, which should help. Still, he's not nearly as accomplished academically as so many of the children described on this board, including, in particular, those I've read about recently who have not yet gained acceptance to DYS.

The video idea is interesting, although I don't have a video camera that records to full size dvd or vhs. Maybe I can transfer a video from my phone to a blank dvd... That should take me about a day to figure out...

Good luck to you, Zia's Mom - don't want to encroach on your thread, but maybe the answers will be helpful to both of us.