Originally Posted by questions
That's exactly what I've been doing - compiling lists of stuff. And the intensity is clearly there. I just wanted objective sources so they'll believe me - but there aren't any. Frankly, when my son speaks science, it sounds a lot like what I read about Dottie's son speaking math (but he doesn't have the top achievement scores to prove it - well he does in comprehension and oral language, but there's no science test on the WIAT). And because I don't have proof, I'm providing a bunch of anecdotes re: his questions and answers, etc. I was even thinking about a video, as if the application was by portfolio instead of scores, but I don't have a camcorder.

I just wanted to support you. I completely identify with you here. I want the objective, safe sources, too. There's security in that. But it's just so hit-or-miss with the tests available right now. Surely the committee at DYS has to know that, right?

I wish I could loan you my camcorder! I'm utterly convinced that video is the way to apply to DYS with a young "product-less" child like yours (and mine). When you see one of these kids in action, you absolutely know it!

What about a tape recording? That would be better than nothing, right? At least they could hear him talk, hear the intensity. It might be worth a shot...

Good luck!

Kriston