I think that they look at the scores if they're close on the IQ scores, at least -- that's what I've heard on other boards. That's why they ask for the entire score report, and not just the single numbers -- they look at the scores in context.

I'll use ds's scores, to show why I haven't given up hope even though his WPPSI scores were below the cut-off. His FSIQ score on the WPPSI is 148 -- just two points below the cut-off. However, that includes his coding score, which was in the 50th percentile. This is a score that can vary greatly, especially for advanced children; it depends partially on fine-motor skills. And if you sub out a low score for a different subtest in the same category, that makes a huge difference on results. That category is Processing; his other subtest in that category was one of the ones he ceilinged.

His WIAT scores were, according to the report, much higher than expected for his IQ score. That, coupled with the test ceilings, means that he likely would have scored higher on a test with a higher ceiling.

So even though one score isn't quite there, don't give up hope! I've been lead to believe that they *do* look at how individual subtest scores and ceilings factor into the scores.

But maybe there's someone with a success story? smile

Mia