Thanks Lorel,

Thanks for the feedback.
Since we are already including achievement tests that will show that our son is reading and doing math at a much higher level than expected, should we focus the portfolio on other talents or also include things like the reading lists and math problems you mentioned above?

The three more unique areas I think might be worth mentioning include:
1. Chess- While one of the youngest children competing, he has had fantastic success on the local, state and national scholastic scene, competing with kids anywhere from 2-7 years older than he is.
2. Proficiency with email. - Our son composes his own emails, using proper sentence structure and grammar, and has email conversations with relatives and friends around the country. In fact, I had to institute a rule that he was not to send "unapproved email" to non-family members without me reading it first. Reading his emails you get a sense for his level of maturity, how he will start them with greetings and his concern or empathy for people, for example asking how they are feeling if they were sick. Should I include copies of these? How do the Davidson folks know we are not making this stuff up?
3. Artwork through the Paint program on the computer - He makes
very sophisticated pictures using the computer. This shows not only his creativity but his facility with technology. Some our based on his fascination with history and depict scenes from different wars or of an historical figure he particularly likes.
This might highlight his historical knowledge, too. Do you just include a color copy of the pictures? Do you write descriptions for them? Should I ask my son to write descriptions?

Here is another question. Over the summer, when we still thought we were sending him to the gifted private school, he did his 1st day of school project. He had to an assigned book, and then write and illustrate a summary version of the book to be read to small children. He did this for two books actually, since the school hadn't finalized what grade he was to be entering and we didn't want him to be left out.

We have both books. Would you actually send the entire book, or take photos or video of it? They do not return things, right?

Thanks for letting me share my opinion of where my son shines, (it is always fun to highlight his achievements) and for offereing suggestions on how to present them to the YS folks.

Back to your WPPSI comments above,I am not really sure what you meant by the low ceilings and the 17's making you wonder. To clarify, he had two 17's, one 18 and two 19's. He was 4 1/2 when he took the test. Maybe you could elaborate on the point you were making.

To the author of "questions". No problem at all jumping on the thread!! The more the better!!