I hope you didn't think that I was *for having a CES or National/Common Curriculum. All of my posts have been illustrations as to why the whole thing is an idea that sounds good, but really isn't.

I agree with your posts, and have from the beginning, but wanted some clarity re: testing, etc. to confirm we are on the same page...and we are!

One last question, re: frivolous debate - do you mean that's it's frivolous for us (on this board) to be discussing it? Or silly that the government is doing so? I personally find it a complete waste of time and energy that our government (46 governors, et al.) are working on this. However, since they are, and since others are on board with the idea, including a few from this board, several people on various education geared discussion boards I am a member of, and people I know in person, I feel it's important to discuss and to see the various arguments and opinions from both sides of the issue. After all, people on this board from the USA will have to deal with the ramifications is CES manages to get off the ground.