Yes, we should have these. One reason is that when a student changes schools, he or she should know all the prior material. An example is the small school where I taught. Many students transfer in and out of these small districts here. A very bright student had to take Algebra I again as a freshman even though she had made an "A" in Algebra I in 8th grade.

Also, a student (especially without a college educated parent) should have the right to have a real education. The same school suspended teaching of British lit and Shakespeare since nobody gets it. These kids cannot make it in college.

There are already Federal laws they have to adhere to. When we are measuring our students' progress, it is false to have different measures in every state. We cannot raise our level of education if schools like the one I mentioned above is way below standard.

None of these prevent students from achieving beyond this level and all states should have a "commended level" also.

Homeschooling should have an option to be in this curriculum and test with it. Many colleges and universities (and jobs) do not accept their vague requirements and just stay away. These students should have these options also. Everyone I have ever worked with at colleges and other jobs just dismiss homeschool for this reason.