Kriston,

I feel like I'm giving up. No matter how hard I've tried to explain my son's situation to the school, I felt like banging my head against the wall, no body cares. When I mentioned the word "gifted", they thought I was bragging. My requst to enroll my son in a neighboring school district as an exception was met by deaf ears. So, I guess any more arguement would be just a waste of time.

Considering safety issues, I'd probably send my son to a Catholic school in the day time so that I can go to work (a safe and clean day care). At home, I'll do my best to quench his thirst for knowledge as much as I can. Since you are homeschooling you DS8, I have some questions for you:

1- Which curriculum do you recommend to use with HG child? given that DS6 mastered already 1st and 2nd grade curriculum of public school.

2- From your experience, what did you do with your younger child, who has different needs, so that you could have sometime alone with the older one? For me, I know that this will be one of my challenges.

3- How many hours a day you think it'd be required to spend with my son?

3- Any other advice, or thoughts you would like to share with me regarding homeschooling? I'd highly appreciate it. Thanks alot.