Thanks alot Val. Despite all the research I've done the past two months, this is the first time I hear about Iowa Acceleration Scale Manual. I'm grateful for these bright ideas. I'll definately look into it. I just have two questions for you, or any body in the forum:

1- Re the manual, is it for me as a parent to use with my child at home or for me to give to the school. I'm willing to do any thing. I just want to know who's this manual for.

2- Re skipping, do you think it's still worth it to fight with local school even though the results, the reputation and the school population are not encouraging at all? To give you an idea of how frustrating I'm, let me give you just one example of what happened during my vist to what-so-called the "best" elementary school in our local school district.

I went to the appointment to meet with the Assistant Superintendent and the principal of the elementary school. I pushed the door, it opened wide. I went in, walked throughout the school. Some of the teachers and local employees saw me, no body asked me who I was, or who I wanted to meet. When I saw this attitude, I said I'm not going to ask any body where's the main office, let me just wait and see how long it'd take them to realize that there's a stranger in the school. Unfortunately, no body did! I continued touring the school by myself until finally I found myself in front of the main office. I went in and found the principal chatting with the assistant superintedent and the secretaries. We shook hands as they were expecting me. I mentioned to them briefly how I've been touring the school for the last 10 minutes. "Really?! where did you park your car?........" I was chocked that they didn't even show any concern, and they quickly changed the subject!

Any thoughts about what should I do next? Do I complain to the local board of education? Do I raise my concerns to the State board of education? And, what would they do? I'm really at a loss of words and ideas. I'd appreciate hearing from you. Thanks.